Do you keep your toddler away from electric stairs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son loved escalators...never would keep him away.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• ...Do you mean "escalators"? Because I think anyone would want to stay away from electric stairs. That just sounds dangerous.
    Anonymous

• haha.
    Anonymous

• i would so not let my dd near them, unless we were going up together or something. i have an image in my head from a movie when i was little. this woman drops her lipstick on the escalator, and bend over to get it. her necklace gets caught and her neck gets severed when she gets to the top! not sure what movie that was. or if thats even possible. but it just seems dangerous to let your child play on stairs... esp moving ones.
    Anonymous

• my family was at the airport and my dh kept insisting i sit and rest and that he could handle the 4 kids...well, dd fell on the escalator and got three cuts on her eyebrow. we don't keep the kids away from them though. accidents happen everywhere.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2010