I have a stye on my eyelid. What heals this?

GoodMomma24-7

Asked by GoodMomma24-7 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Health

• You don't get styes from lying ladies....the saying is for lie bumps on your tongue anyways. You know, those white bumps you sometimes get on your tongue that are quite painful.

OP, what I use is a warm compress, as others have stated. I also carefully cleanse the area with witch hazel.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 4:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• stop lying , you get them from telling lies. YOU LIAR!
    Anonymous

• my little sis would get them sometime and she had to go to the dr and get a prescribed crem for them. And dont wear any makeup on your eyes until it goes away
    mariisasmommy

Answer by mariisasmommy at 1:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Warm compress.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• yup warm compress but as hot as you can stand it. 15 20 minutes on then off for a bit. You want the heat to open it and drain it. DON"T POKE IT OPEN WITH YOUR FINGER OR PIN!!!! My son used to get them often. An eye doctor can also with sterile equipment open them but hopefully you won't need that.

Keep a pot with a cover filled 1/2 way or 1/4 way with very very warm water next to you so you don't have to keep getting up to heat washcloth. You can also use a baby washcloth or also a cotton baby sock but when all done dump them or bleach really really good.

Feel better!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• use a hot diluted tea bag. once both sides are cold remove it from your eye...the swelling will have gone down significantly
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My dad used to say they came from peeing in the woods! HAHA! His wisdom is astounding. I'm not sure if there is a cure, you probably just have to let the body naturally expel the dirt or bacteria that has inflamed the tear duct. They usually last about a week don't they?

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Place a black tea bag on the eye warm as is comfortable several times daily. The tannins in the tea will shrink the stye...........hope this helps :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• why do ppl insist on repeating answers.....it doesn't have to be black tea....any tea bag works as long as you dilute it so all the tea is out of the bag
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• stop lying!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2010