My little guy is getting SOO smart.

My boy is growing up... he is almost 2-1/2 and just amazes me daily. I usually only post and ask questions when I am upset or at a loss and I just wanted to add some nice one's too because this little guy has brightened up my life. Yesterday morning I offered him a muffin after he finished breakfast and he said "No thank you mommy, I am too full for a muffin, but thank you mommy, thank you anyway" Are you kidding me??? I was left in awh... he's too little to pc that together... clearly he's not but I still see him as my baby... and last night I was eating green beans with my fingers and he handed me my fork and said "mommy, you need to use your fork and blow on your food so its not so hot" .... what are your "baby is not a baby" growing up stories?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This was the first time he really put that many sentances in to an actual "conversation" of that length.. that is one of the things that shocked me about it too.. Max didn't really start putting more than 2-3 words together til around 20 months or so and it just slowly increased to this.. its amazing.. he JUST started even answering my questions like this a week or 2 ago.. awh... love our babies...
    thanks for your stories too ladies.. I love to talk toddler..lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Good job Mom. Your hard work is paying off. You have a lovely boy!
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 1:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• LOL...arent they just fascinating? :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My son is 8 months old....and he's WALKING! Like full on, doesn't crawl anymore WALKING! lol. It's so weird because he's so little, and it looks so silly seing him walking around perfectly like his 2 1/2 year old sister. It's amazing. He's not my little baby anymore, and hasn't been for a while. He's so independent lol. And lets see my daughter tries to be "mommy" to her little brother. She'll say, "Damien, you need to drink your bottle" and try getting him to drink it. I dunno..i can't think of any stories lol. Kids are just amazing!
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• ADORABLE!
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 2:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My daughter is 2 years and 9 months and announced to me that her lips were "reddish-pink" the other day. She notices and remembers everything and whenever she's learning a new concept, she just wants to talk about it. The latest: "Mom, I wanna talk more about why that lady asked you for money. Why does she not have a house? Why does she not have any money?" But here's why she's still a baby. She was talking about whether or not she could go to a ball some day. And I said, distractedly (I was getting dinner on the table), "sure, hon, you can go to a ball some day. They usually call it a dance now." She said, "mommy, I wouldn't want to go to a ball all by myself. Would you come with me, please? Would Daddy come with me?"
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• lol awww OP! how sweet! My son is 22 months old and cant speak that clearly or say that many words in a row, but he is becoming more and more verbal! His new thing is NO and he has FINALLY started pointint to things (he's never been a pointer before a few days ago)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• about a month ago i was putting my 3yr old son to bed, i was laying with him and we were talking. all of a sudden he says "hey mommy, you're gorgeous!" i was in AWE! i love my little man :)
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 7:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My baby is 13 months old and everyday he amazes me as well! I love to watch him learn and discover new things. For a while now he's been trying to put his shoes on all by himself! He also tries to comb his hair and clean the table and floor with a towel! I know he's watching me do it all, but it's so fascinating watch him figure something out! It sounds funny when I tell friends or family that my baby tried coming his hair or put soap on his wash cloth today, cause it seems like no big deal to them. But for the Mommy its a huge deal! I love the little things!!!!!!!!!!!
    crystal1480

Answer by crystal1480 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2010