Has someone you know joined the military?

If so which branch and do they like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I know quite a few people in the military. One is a Marine and he loves it. Another is in the Army and loves it...he has a high rank but i dont remember what (hubbys best friend), and one of my best male friends is in the Army and he loves it.
    Anonymous

• My 19 year old son is contemplating it, and I am so terrified because of Afghanastan only.
    Anonymous

• My bff daughter joined the Air force and LOVES it. She was a straight A student and is getting a great free education! I support the military but would not want my kids to join.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• my ex was in the army for 11 years, and he looved it..i wasnt with him when he was in it tho, i dont think i could've handled it. i suport them, but..i dunno, i would be worrying to much
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• my husband is in the Army. From what I hear- Air Force is more family friendly. But we are happy with our life and with his service.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My ex just retired from the Army after 22 years. We were together for over 10. My BIL is a LTC in the Army as well. I have alot of friends who are married to military members.
    It was a good life for us, never treated us bad.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 5:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My grandfathers were in the Merchant marines and the Navy, dad was in the Army, father in law was in the Navy, 2 uncles were in the Army, my husband was in the Navy and then the Army, my 23yo son is currently in the Army, my daughter in law is a Disabled Veteran (Army), my cousin's fiance' is waiting for the Marines to get an open slot for bootcamp (he's in, just waiting to go to bootcamp) and my 19yo is in the Army but doesn't leave for basic training until July (he graduates in May).

My husband LOVED the military and would have stayed in for 20+ years but he was medically discharged in 1990. My 23yo is planning to make a career of it. His wife is a recent Disabled Veteran, she had been planning to make a career out of the Army though. They both love the military life. My 19yo has wanted to join the Army since he was 9 and he is planning to make a career of it.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:14 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• MY SON,STRAIGHT FROM HIGH SCHOOL-WENT RIGHT INTO THE NAVY,11 YEARS NOW,RECIEVED HIS MASTERS,DEPLOYED TWICE,ONLY 27 AND HAS 9 YEARS TO RETIRE WITH HIS DEGREE AND DO WHATEVER HE PLEASE'S. GOD-BLESS OUR TROOPS.. NAVY MOTHER- SMART MOTHER..BEST CHOICE HE EVER DID & I SUPPORT HIM AND OUR TROOPS.
    Somma

Answer by Somma at 6:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I'm surrounded by Marines and they all love it. A great friend is in the Army Reserves Band and she loves it (over 20 yrs in). I have a great friend that's an Army Reserves Chaplin and loves it.
    Why are you asking? If it is because your child is looking at the military after HS.....just keep your mouth shut of the negative and support them in their very adult decision.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My Ex was in the Air Force for 14 yrs. He really seemed to like it for the most part. Our son has said if he ever joins that is the branch he will join. He is 19 now & still now sure what he wants to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Mar. 10, 2010