Could "real" unemployment surge to 25%?

I think the numbers given now are a fluke and it is worse then they say already.
http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/%22real%22-unemployment-could-surge-to-25-portfolio-manager-says-435911.html?tickers=%5Edji,%5Egspc,dia,spy,man,LCCMX,KELYA&sec=topStories&pos=8&asset=&ccode=

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's more like it's already at 25%. Real U/E is always a best guess because they don't have the means to accurately count everyone who has dropped off their radar.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• There was an article in the local paper not long ago about this and the local %. They actually contacted people whose benefits had ran out to see if they were working. They estimated our real ue rate was more than 28%. This did not include those that are underemployed.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• In the Twin Cities, the percent dropped to 7.28%.
    Anonymous

• Anon :19, your figure is incorrect. This article dated March 2nd says the real jobless rate in Minnesota is 14.2%.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collections/special/columns/minnecon/archive/2010/03/minnesotas-real-jobless-number.shtml
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 3:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Many people aren't counted as unemployed in the numbers. I'm guessing unemployment nationwide is much higher than 10%.

25% is a real possiblilty.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 3:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• The last numbers I saw for real unemployment nationwide was 18%. That number is a few months old, and it's only been going up, not down.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I agree, I think it is around 25%, as some of you do and I think it will get worse, unfortunately...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Makes the "horrendous" unemployment rate of 5% under GW Bush look really sweet now, huh?!

Oh, andI cancertainly believe that the U6 unemployment rate could hit 25%---Great Depression II

mmm....mmm....mmm...barack hussein obama!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2010