Should woman in the Military engage in combat as men do?

Wars force US military to review ban on women in combat
Defense & Security News — By Agence France-Presse on March 1, 2010

WASHINGTON: US commanders are taking a second look at policies that bar women from ground combat, as the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have thrust female soldiers into the thick of the fight.

The Army chief of staff, General George Casey, told lawmakers last week that it was time to review the rules in light of how women have served in the two wars.

His comments came as the military unveiled plans to lift the ban on women serving in submarines, an all-male bastion that navy officers once insisted could never change.

http://www.defencetalk.com/wars-force-us-military-to-review-ban-on-women-in-combat-24552/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I say no..but I'm also a big chicken,lol. I wouldn't want to be on the front line of a combat. I guess thats why I'm not in the military.But I think I'd rather stand behind a man to protect me than a woman...man that sounds so awful but its true, its how I feel.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• Yes, You wanna run with the big dogs then you gotta do what the big dogs do. That is the way it is. If you do not want to be on the front lines then do not enlist.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 1:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Any woman who meets the requirements for a job should be allowed to do that job.
    Clairwil

Answer by Clairwil at 1:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Yes
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 1:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Yes.
    I wouldn't because I don't believe in fighting wars but I know many women who could and want to.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• No. We as women really don't have the same kind of physical or emotional strength that men do (don't get feminazi on me for this), and we'd end up compromising the missions. I honestly do believe that. Women have natural born instincts to be the nurturers, the healers. Men have the natural instincts to fight and have different bodies that make it easier for them to do. I personally, even as a veteran, would argue against women going to the front lines as actual combat personnel because there are very, very few that could actually handle the physical and emotional strain of it. Men are having hard enough of a time with it. Just look at all the problems with PTSD, how do you think it would effect a woman?
    Anonymous

• "I say no..but I'm also a big chicken,lol. I wouldn't want to be on the front line of a combat. I guess thats why I'm not in the military.But I think I'd rather stand behind a man to protect me than a woman...man that sounds so awful but its true, its how I feel. "

This is my first response as well. LOL But when I think about it, as long as they are qualified and can do the job, then I guess so.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Women don't start wars.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 2:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• If women can be cops with all that entails, I think they should be allowed on the front lines. I'd have no problem trusting a woman Marine with my safety.
    Anonymous