If a woman is abused by her husband but keeps it secret, and is then murdered by her husband, is it partially the woman's fault because she did not seek help?

I argued this on another site. I do not think it is the woman's fault.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If a woman doesn't leave an abusive husband than yes it's her fault if she's still getting abused.
    Anonymous

• It's also her fault if her kids start getting abused.
    Anonymous

• NONO and No. I was abused and did leave but it is like being brainwashed or in a concentration camp, if you have never been abused by a real abuser then you can not know how difficult it is to leave, I am grateful that the police have finally been educated and were there to help me.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I never blame a victum of abuse.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 1:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• No its not her fault in any way shape or form.She is a victim of abuse.The abuser might believe its her fault but thats because the abuser is mentally ill.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• No. I agree with writeon. Women become brainwashed, have no self-esteem, can be told over and over for years how worhtless, stupid, horrible they are. I don't think they are at any fault.
    Anonymous

• fault? no- the fault is of the abuser. but I think women do need to realize that if they stay then the abuser will likely just do it again-
    if a child is being hurt or seeing someone being hurt, then they do need to get out and get out fast.

but I agree with writeon- that in situations of brainwashing you can be looking right at something that's black and over time be convinced that what you are looking at is white- because you are either convinced that what you see isn't what you THINK you see, or you may actually SEE it white.
    hard to understand,my mother did the same thing with me. I look back and wonder if even she realized all that she was doing.
    I would get hit, other family members would get hit and there stood a very educated women telling me that it didn't REALLY happen that way- forget the x-rays and injury reports-she'd claim it didn't happen that way and I was delusional.
    Just hope that abused women get out.
    Anonymous

• Women that get brainwashed are week to begin with. Strong women don't get abused or let it continue if they do.
    Anonymous

• My mom was abused and got out-I was abused and left him. I don't believe in brainwashing per say. But if she chooses to stay she can expect that it's going to continue.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Weak*
    Anonymous