Are you going to let your child watch Alice in Wonderland?

My girls are 2 and 5 and they both want to see the new Alice in Wonderland. Some of my friends with young kids say they think the movie will be too dark and scary. Was wondering what other moms thought. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• Haha, I am not the one to ask. My son was watching Lake Placid, Blair Wich Project, Predator, Mars Attacks....at 2 or 3. LOL So, yeah, he would have seen that one too. He is turning 14 March 11 and we are going tonight for his b-day.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I don't think the movie is appropriate for kids that age... It's very dark, and violent in parts. It's not a kid movie.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I am going to let my 3 year old see it when it comes out on dvd, if she gets scared I'll turn it off.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I watched the Chucky movies from birth and up. It never ever hurt me. In fact, it actually made me grow up never being scared of the dark, and I had a Chucky doll in my room at 6 years old. I slept with him like a stuffed animal. I would never shelter my child. They are going to see and hear things in life regardless of what you do.

So, if my son was old enough to watch a movie (he's only 4 months) sure, I'd let him see Alice in Wonderland.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 6:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Nope, not good for anyone really.
    Anonymous

• Nope it is not worth all the nightmares they are going to have. That is not a movie for little children
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I will shelter my kids until there brain can process such things. At 2 and 3 they are very impresionable and that is not a very nice movie anyway
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My 13 year old daughter saw it tonight and loved it.
    Allow

Answer by Allow at 2:38 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I was worried about it, but our 4 year old really wanted to see it. She loved it. My husband had told her she could, so although I was reluctant, I didn't want to tell her no without reason. I figured if it was too much for her we could just leave. We talked ahead of time about it being pretend and I warned her that it would be scary. She didn't think it was scary since it was obviously pretend. It probably depends on the kid. She has never had nightmares or any trouble deciphering fantasy from reality. She can't wait for it to come out on DVD so she can "watch it again and again". The 3D glasses were fun for her too. It definitely was not as gruesome or scary as many on-line reviews made it sound.
    annelauer

Answer by annelauer at 11:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2010