Why do some women end up without children?

Woman Donates Secret Millions Upon Her Death

Published : Friday, 05 Mar 2010, 8:30 AM PST

(MYFOX NATIONAL) - An Illinois woman's alma mater will greatly benefit from her frugal living.

The Chicago Tribune reported that Grace Groner had started a small scholarship program for Lake Forest College, from where she graduated in 1931. She had talked about contributing more after she died.
Groner never married nor had children. She lived in an apartment until a friend who died left her a small one-bedroom house.

She traveled after she retired and would occasionally make anonymous gifts to needy Lake Forest, Ill. residents through her attorney.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've met at least a handful of women that do not want children or have not met that right person in their life and do not believe in having children without the institution of marriage. To be women it is not a requirement to have children any more that it should be to be a man.

Fact is we're all human and we all live our lives differently taking the paths we do for our own personal reasons. Maybe this woman has underwent a great deal of stress in her life early on and had chosen to live the rest of her life stress free doing as she pleased; regardless she did a very nice thing in the end for other peoples children.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• some people dont want to have kids or like kids
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Well I guess she never wanted any.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• She probably never met the right man to marry or is a lesbian. Who knows.
    Anonymous

• some people just don't want to for whatever reason. Which is totaly cool, eeryone has their own path that is right for them.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• 20% of all women never have children. This one never married. Not everybody wants a family.
    Anonymous

• maybe she didnt want any, couldnt have any, never found the one she wanted to have kids with...etc. just because your a woman doesnt mean you have to have or want kids.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• You are sitting around wondering this? Do you think it was her job to have children? This is the third question on CM that has got my blood boiling in the past 3 minutes. I'm beginning to think this is not the place for me...
    Anonymous

• I love kids. I only have one. I would loved to have had many more. If I hadn't been dumb when I was younger and had unprotected sex, I would be childless now. My son is 14, I am not married, I have never even been in a serious relationship. I am 33 and don't see it happening anytime in the future. I made a promise to not have anymore children unless I was married. Had it not been for the fluke when I was 18, I would probably be an unmarried childless old lady when I die. So, I can see how it would happen. It isn't that I do't want a man or kids...I just haven't had any luck in the matter.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• In this case, she never married. Many people would consider that a very good reason to forego having children.

Some women don't desire children, and some can't have any. I have a friend with no children because she can't get pregnant; she's been married for nearly 20 years, and fertility treatments and adoption are not options for her.
    Anonymous