Should marijuana be given to children too?

Some say now that marijuana is legal the next step is to introduce it for children.

You take Tylenol your children take Tylenol too. So what's stopping us from giving marijuana to our children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• For medicinal reasons? If they have an ailment it might help? I don't see how that's any worse than some of the rx meds will fill our kids up with.

I saw something awhile back about a child 9-11(I think) whose parents gave him mj tea to help with stomach or pain problems. I think he was autistic as well, don't recall exactly.

For recreation? Absolutely not.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• since when in marijuana legal??
    Anonymous

• Anonymous
    since when in marijuana legal??
    Anonymous

• yeah and alcohol is legal too, lets put that in our toddlers cups !
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 2:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Absolutely not. Adults shouldn't either. But especially not kids!!!!! Even if it WAS legal. How absurd.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Anonymous
    since when in marijuana legal??

marijuana is legal in 14 states in America. op
    Anonymous

• Uhhh, marijuana is legal? Did I miss something? Either way though, I think making it legal is a WONDERFUL idea. And honestly, it'll actually lead to LESS teenagers using it. How do I know? Because I grew up in a country where marijuana has been legal for quite a while now. When I was a kid, I think we tried it once, just to see what it was like, and never touched the stuff again. Think about it, if you tell a teenager he/she can't do something, they'll try all the more to do exactly that. Drugs, alcohol, sex... You name it. If you make it legal, you take the thrill away, and they won't care about it as much. Totally logical to me.

But as for your comparison, cigarettes are legal. Yet you don't see many adults giving those to their kids either, do you? Common sense!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I agree with anon ... it is not legal yet.

But to answer your question... cigaretts are legal, would you allow your chid to smoke? Honestly, even if it was legal, I would not allow my child to take it unless the doctor said that it was the only choice left.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 2:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• ive seen some kids that need to be smoked out...but i dont think we should give it to kids.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Hi there:

I've heard that it is being discussed Medical marijuana for terminally ill children. Is shocking.
    Anonymous