6 month old and food ?

Can I give my 6 month old more food other than formula and purees? I know I gave my 1st dd puffs when she was this age my my 6 month old seems too young? what do you feed your 6 month old?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 3:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave mashed banana and avocado. Fork mash, never a puree. Puree is for making spaghetti sauce in our house; there is no other kind but tomato! **grin**

I would not do finger foods yet. You've got loads of time for that.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• She is very intrested in her older sisters food, like the lil crunches, so I smashed a little in my hand and put it in her mouth
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Those crunchies and puffs are really just junk food. I try my best to delay the introduction of junk foods.

At 6 months I would just give breast milk and pureed fruits and veggies.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Pureed food is not necessary; if a baby cannot eat soft foods they pick-up with their own fingers then they are not ready for solids yet.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 3:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I agree. Purees, cereals, and manufactured puffs aren't needed. some babies just aren't ready yet even though six months is a good guideline.

I plan on taking the approach -- if she can't pick it up and bring it to her mouth to explore it, then she's not ready.       http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2010