what the difference between abortion and miscarriage?

some of my question i have been talking about abortion but i didn't know that abortion means do it, and miscarriages is lost the baby naturaly
english it's not my first language, i'm muslim so i learn portuguese and arabic, because i live in portugal lol!! so i have been learning english and some of words i write in a wrong away.
can someone explain me the real meaning of abortion and miscarriage. because here in portugal we use the world abortion in both cases.

betinha

Asked by betinha at 3:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Miscarriage is a term people use to mean they lost the baby naturally, but in medical terms it is still an abortion, it can be classified as missed, complete,partial or elective. The term abortion is used for a woman that does not want to be pregnant and goes to a clinic and has the baby removed by what ever way that clinic does it.. Basically a woman kills the baby with abortion and with a miscarriage something was wrong and the body got rid it.

I hope this helps and I hope I did not upset anyone..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• abortion is ending the life of a child by choice, and miscarriage is your body naturally ending a pregnancy
    Anonymous

• Miscarriage, the baby is lost naturally. Abortion, the baby is taken physically. By a doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I'm glad you explained that. It would have gotten pretty nasty in here if you hadn't.
    Ditto on the first posteres answer.
    In America the killing of ones unborn baby is legal to a certain point(and then it seems you can still geet around it)
    It's very contoversial. there is no comparison between the abortion and a miscarriage.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Elective Abortion is a choice that the "mother" makes because she doesn't want her child. Spontaneous Abortion is the loss of the pregnancy because the mother's body couldn't carry it for what ever reason.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• They are identical. One happens by nature and the other with a vacuum.
    Anonymous

• Miscarriage is often referred to as "spontaneous abortion", but it happens naturally.
    An abortion is a medical procedure that a woman seeks out to terminate a pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• According to the dictionary they are the same word. Medically a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion. In layman speak, a miscarriage is when a body naturally rids itself of the baby without the mother's approval. An abortion is when the mother chooses it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 4:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2010