Is there anything I can do to get twins naturally?

I hope that doesn't come off as sounding dumb. I was just curious. Any home remedies or old wives' tales? I secretly want twins but will be ecstatic with one baby.

Asked by modaddict17 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• only in vitro fertilization can guarantee a multiple birth. fertility drugs can help if you want a multiple birth...i don't recommend either one though...they're way too pricy

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• There aren't any ways. Unless you can force your body to release two eggs at once, or will that zygote to split when it's fertilized (and if you can, well, you're just special), then you're SOL.

I don't know why you would want twins. Why would you want to deal with double the crying, diapers and even more of a lack of sleep?

• No not that I know of. It either happens or it doesn't

Answer by louise2 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• No......

Answer by BlessednHappy at 3:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Seriously, you don't want to have twins. It's more work than you could ever imagine!

Answer by jreneei at 3:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Even IVF will not guarantee a multiple birth.

Answer by nsrush83 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Well I'm pretty sure I'm not capable of forcing two eggs to release and assisted conception is a last resort for sure. Thanks for not treating me like I'm a moron! lol

Answer by modaddict17 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2010