• In the Spotlight:

i think i got food poisoning? will my baby get it too?

ok so heres the whole story i was not feeling too hot yeasterday and then i ate some tuna salad. i had just made it, it had egg in it. well a few hours later i started feeling sick and got a really bad upset stomach diarrhea not vomiting though. in the middle of the night my DD got sick too 2 diarrhea diapers in like 30 mins, other than that no issues she is 13 months and still nurses. she didnt have any tuna salad but did have a few tastes of cooked egg when i was perparing it.. is this stomach bug or poisioning? all the sites ive seen said a baby should get it passed through the milk.... any advice?

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Most likely a stomach bug. Unless your egg was raw it shouldn't have been the problem.
    Hope you both feel better soon
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• you would think the milk would give it antiboties if it was a flu bug..... i really dont know.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• If you were not feeling so hot before you ate the tuna salad, I bet it's a virus. Also, they say food poisoning from dinner usually comes on in the middle of the night -- like 1 or 2 am. That's what I've always heard anyway. Feel better, you two. In either case, you just have to ride it out and try to keep hydrated.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• It's probably a virus. My whole house except for myself is vomitting and having diarreah!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 6, 2010