I am doing something wrong!

Ladies I am so disappointed in myself. I have actually gained weight after delivering our second baby! I gained 40 pounds and then lost 20 pounds fairly soon after. I have now gained 10 of those pounds BACK. So I find myself at 30 pounds heavier than I should be at almost a year postpartum. I am so depressed. I work out 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week, the weight is just not budging. So I guess I have to count calories now. Anyone have any advice? Anything that has worked for you? Has this happened to anyone of you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Do an hour a day 5 days a week, and get your thyroid checked.
    Anonymous

• Well what kind of cardio are you doing? You probably need to step it up a bit. I have lost alot of weight doing Turbo Jam, it is an awesome cardio program and now I'm doing P90X. Sometimes you just have to start pushing yourself a little. Counting calories is important. www.sparkpeople.com is a great website that will help you with that and more.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 3:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i increase veggies, especially dark leafy greens. we cut the processed foods, chemicals additives, preservatives, food colorings, flavor enhancers, artificial sweeteners, etc. i would increase the intensity and or time of your cardio, and also add some weihgts into your routine. be sure your carbs are brown, not white.
    i also find that if these dietary changes are drastic for you, then maybe try making small changes first. i would add good food before taking away bad food.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Wow! that is great!!!congratulationsJust keep doing what you are doing atleast when do melt the fat part of you will be nice, trimmed and toned the only thing I can say is make sure you get yourself checked out and make sure to include lots of veggies and fruits oh and drink lots of water...Keep up the good work!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• You may need to change the way you eat, not just for yourself, but to set a great example for your child.
    First, drink your water! At least 8 8oz glasses a day. Add a glass for every beverage you have with caffeine or alcohol
    Next, eat your fruits and veggies; 7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Start replacing your white/simple grains (white rice, white pasta, white bread, you get the picture) with whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, barley, quinoa, whole grain bread, etc.).
    Now cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy. Eat at least one serving of legumes a day: beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    Eating healthy, combined with the great exercise that you are doing, will have you at a healthy weight in no time.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Like many, I was struggling with my weight. After spending most of my life “skinny,” the weight was no longer easily coming off. I was watching what I eat and walking daily. A friend introduced me to a nutritional cleanse and I lost all the weight quickly and easily. 7 months later and the weight has not returned.

If you would like more info contact me or check out:
    http://planned-diet.com/isagenix/
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 5:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• 30 minutes of cardio isn't much...bump it up to an hour? Start your day with fruit, it will cleanse your system...try juicing carrots/beets/celery...also very cleansing...skip the breads...pasta...go for salads...have protien with vegetables and no starch...starches call for one enzyme in the stomach and protien calls for another...so if you eat both at the same meal, your food won't digest properly and you won't get the nutrients in the food because the 2 enzymes cancel each other out and your food will just putrify in your system...that's all I got...!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 5:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Don't feel bad, you are so not alone. I know it is so depressing, esp. after having a baby. At least you are excercising, good job. My doctor told me that my metabolism was slowed down from the meds I was taking. She said working out would rev my metabolism, but I wouldn't see a change for 2-3 months. Could something like that be the case for you? Are you nursing? My body always held on to extra pounds untill I weaned.
    A good jumpstart for me is to eat nothing but fruit and veggies for 3 days. I would lose some water weight and that made me motivated to eat healthy when I ate again.
    And above all, really love and appreciate your body. Look how amazing a womans body is! Look at the amazing children you have developed in that body of yours. Be kind to yourself. 30 pounds is nothing! Imagine if you had 130 pounds to lose, or were paralyzed and couldn't walk. Sometimes we think it is a lot worse than it really is. :)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't say up your cardio at this point, maybe strength training in there 3x a week. I also am a firm believer in no calorie counting, I've never used that method for losing weight and I've had to do it for all 5 kids. I would just make sure you are eating healthy foods, not processed. It's a biggy. I've been cleaning my diet out for the past 2 months after the holidays ruined me. It makes a huge difference when you cut the crap out. Even the foods they tell you are healthy aren't. Really scrutinize the sugar in your diet. Sugar is really the enemy when you are trying to lose weight. And I am addicted to it so I do know it's hard to get off. Get enough healthy fats, which will help you burn fat believe it or not. I changed over to eating Greek yogurt instead of the other crap and I love it! I add frozen blueberries and raspberries to it with a little stevia(not splenda) and it tastes so good.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Just makes some simple changes I can guarantee if you really got down to business and looked at your diet closely your answer is right there. Maybe post an example of what you eat in a day and I'll tell you if you need to make a change.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2010