Only 36,000 American losts their jobs is a "good" thing?

Is Harry Reid for real!? This has to be the most ignorant/ridiculous thing said from D.C. today!
Republicans are hitting Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) for asserting that it's a "good thing" only 36,000 people lost their jobs in February.

"Today us a big day in America. Only 36,000 people lost their jobs today, which is really good," Reid said on the Senate floor Friday morning.

Reid's comments were in reference to Friday's jobs report that the unemployment rate held at 9.7 percent in February. The 36,000 total cited by the Majority Leader was 14,000 fewer jobs lost than many analysts had predicted

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Newly added to the curriculum this coming fall: Obamath
    Anonymous

• What an Idioit! I can tell you right now that those 36,000 people don't think it was suck a GOOD thing.... So easy for a guy who make over a 100,00 plus a year to say such things.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• such not suck. lol! and makes not make.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Bush got A shoe this man is going to get a whole shoe store thown at him.
    Anonymous

• The word "only" and the number "36,000" just shouldn't be placed together. You could say "only 36 people lost their jobs", and if we were talking nationwide that wouldn't be bad. But I don't think saying "only 36,000 lost their jobs" is very comforting.
    Anonymous

• 36,000 people losing their jobs is "only" and a company having 50 jobs available, spread across 50 states, is proof there are "jobs out there but nobody is looking for them". I don't think I like this new math.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• It's not very often we agree NP, but this time... We are on the same page!

36,000 people losing their jobs is "only" and a company having 50 jobs available, spread across 50 states, is proof there are "jobs out there but nobody is looking for them". I don't think I like this new math

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I too agree with NotPanicking.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 4:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• It good, from the point of view that it could have been worse. Of course, no one losing a job is good. But if stating the facts on how many actually did gets the wind out of the scare tactic sails, then I'm all for it.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2010