Vomitting in almost 12 months babies

My babies will be 12 months in 5 days, he start to vomitting yesterday night. I feed him rice cereal at 5:30 pm and gave him a bottle at 9:30 , he didn't drink that much only 4 oz and he start to forceful vomit all . I hold him upright for 1 hours and then put him down to sleep since he already sleeping, but after put him down he start to vomited again . I picked him up and hold him to sleep, then put him down again after 2 hours, he then vomitted again. So I hold him up all night long. At 4:30 he start screaming so I gave him another bottle drink only 2 oz then vomited out . I gave him some water and rock him back to sleep then wake up again at 6:30 to start vomit again. Bring him to the doctor, she gave him electrolyte, he didnt want to drak it only drank water. But I force him to take a couple sip then he start vomited again . I don;t want to do next, should I bring him to hospital. He still drank water, but nothing else.

hungluvphuong

Asked by hungluvphuong at 4:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try pedilite,its for cases like this. when my little one was that young she did that too with a fever and it turned out to be an ear infection. but please try pedilite.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My son has the same problem 3 weeks ago. The doctor also told me to gave him pedilyte and he don't want to drak it, so try to gave him water that have elctrolyte ( smartwater). He drank that. Stop gave him formula untill he stop vommitting then after that gave him soy fomula or couple day then resume back to regular formula. Don';t gave him whole milk yet, that what my doctor told me to do. It take 1 and half day for my son to stop vommiting and then he start to have diarhhea for about 2 days. So don;t worry about bringing him to ER, as long as he drank water he should be fine. Do you son have fever ??? If not then just do what doctor tell you .
    hungluvphuong

Answer by hungluvphuong at 1:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2010