Anyone else use Mirena?

I have already had the perfect child and don't see myself getting this lucky twice so I decided to use the mirena iud for birth control. The thing is, I had it put in last month and aside from 3 days of freedom, I have bled enough to need just a panty liner. So not enough to say that I am bleeding internally, but enough to irritate me and my fiance as we are both suffering because of it. Has anyone else had this problem? What are your experiences with mirena?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Health

• I have had Mirena for about 6months and I bled for the 1st/2nd month it was in. It goes away, and if it doesn't talk to your doctor. I like it...I think I personally have had weight gain and mood swings from it. I do have to say it's nice not worrying about bc!! Give it time and talk with your doctor if you are unhappy!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I had that go on for about 3 months.
    Anonymous

• I had it put in after my first child in 2007. It worked great for me. I only got my period twice while on it. I was on it for over a year. I had it taken out to get pregnant with my son...and after he was born, had it put back in. Then, I started getting my period every two weeks...it would last for 7-10 days. This was driving me NUTS...so finally I went to my Dr. and they did an ultra sound only to find out that the IUD was placed too low, and it was literally scratching my insides causing the bleeding! Yuck. Anyway, I had to have it taken out, and I have to wait like 3 months to have it put back in.
    I also know someone who died from a blood clot due to the mirena. She was 19yrs old. (No kids either). But yeah. I loved it, and it worked well for me The only reason it was too low was because I insisted they put it in sooner then they wanted to and my uterus wasn't fully shrunken after giving birth. (cont)
    Anonymous

• (cont) I would totally recomend it. It's amazing. But I wouldn't personally recomend having just one child. Believe me, you CAN get lucky twice. My kids are both perfect...and it is SO good for them to have a sibling to connect with and be close with, I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't had sibling. Good luck
    Anonymous