i am 5 months pregnant and havent gained any weight and i am not that big and my friend that is also 5 months along is getting a big baby bump, is this normal?

i am 5 months but i look about 3 months is there anything i should be worried about

Asked by lilae86 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not everyone gets a huge baby bump. With my first pregnancy, I stayed VERY small for a long time. Then one morning I woke up 7 months pregnant, with a HUGE belly. And with my son, my second pregnancy, I grew so much faster. Don't worry about it, as long as your doctor says the baby is measuring fine, and growing properly, then you have nothing to worry about. You're probably a small person to begin with anyway, am I right?

• It varies person to person. I wore my regular clothes until I was 7 months pregnant, had a slight little pudge that you couldnt see when I had clothes on. But when I hit 7 months, I exploded!!!! Dont know what happened but almost overnight I got huge! lol I made up for those first 7 months in my last 2 months too! lol

Answer by Melindakc at 4:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• bump size depends on many things: How many preganacies you've had, How strong your stomach muscles are, The shape of your hips..some hips are shaped to cradle the baby more efficiently. i didn't show til about 6 months with my first and 5 months with my second.

• With my first, I didn't need any maternity clothing until I was about 7 months along. I only gained 14 lbs in all. This pregnancy, I'm 15 weeks along and starting to get a bit of a bump already but I've only gained 3 lbs.

Your pregnancy is going to differ from your friend's, and it'll probably differ from any other children you will have. Our bodies are strange and mysterious things.

• Different babies and different bodies. Even each pregnancy is different, with my 1st I was a walking house! With my 2nd my belly didn't even reach my ribcage, he was just tucked up into a little ball and sat way more inside of me than my daughter. Don't worry, you'll get your bump! =)

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Everybody is different... I was a giant whale during my pregnancy, but my friend seriously only looked like she had a big lunch up until the day she went into labor. Nobody would even believe she was pregnant! As long as your doctor isn't worried, neither should you. And think of it this way, being hugely pregnant is NOT comfortable!

Answer by Anouck at 5:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Every one ends up different sizes, I looked like a blimp while my friend you wouldn't have even known. If you are concern check with your doc. They can do another ultrasounds.

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Is it your first baby?? I didn't get a super noticable baby bump til like 7 months either... like the pp said it was like I woke up one day and whoa lol

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I'm 5 months too, not even much of a belly yet, and i haven't gained any weight either. Doctor said everything looks great so I'm not going to worry! good luck mommy and congrats!!

Answer by Amanda704 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2010