Did you see a chiropractor for pregnancy back pain?

I'm having these spasams of pain in the right side of my lower back. To the point where I flich in pain and can't move for a moment. I though it was steming from the ball of my right foot, when I would put my weight into the ball of my foot, I'd feel it in my back. Anyway, today I'm getting in my car and I can't scooch my butt over to the right with my legs, so I use my upper body to shift my weight and I have another bad spasam of pain, I wasn't even standing. I just don't know what will help. I'm 23 weeks with my second. Should I see a chiropractor, will it help? Have you had pain like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• chiropractors don't do anything. any relief you'd feel will maybe last a day....acupuncture works if you want instant relief that lasts a long time.... insurance will usually cover it
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Thanks ..I'm a little wary of needles in holistic medicine, but I'll look into it.
    Anonymous

• Chiropractors are quacks. The forceful manipulation of your spine does more damage than good. It sounds like you're having sciatic nerve pain, which is actually pretty common in pregnancy. Talk to your OB about it.
    Anonymous

• you won't even feel the needles..they're about as thick as a hair. i swear by it cause it really does work
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• you won't even feel the needles..they're about as thick as a hair. i swear by it cause it really does work .

I'm more concerned with the risk of infection. A friend of mine suggested this as well and there is an office right around the block from me. I hope its something my insurance will cover, perhaps if I get a referral from my OB. Do you know a round about cost if its not covered.

Anonymous

• $70 w/o insurance, roughly, and they are sterile needles that barely protrude the skin....a lot less than a couple hundred for a chiro who will just crack your back
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• the only insurance i've heard of to not cover it is the hartford insurance....but they don't cover anything haha so i'm almost positive yours will
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i have considered seeing a chiro, my doula HIGHLY recommended one and had great success from seeing one in her last pregnancy.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I see a holistic chiropractor (just saw him Wednestday) and he has only had to adjust my back once this entire pregnancy (baby is very low, compared to my daughter, and I was getting spasms in my lower back also, he showed me to help keep my pelvis in place when at home if it starts hurting). He adjusted my neck on Wednesday, but that was mainly for my sinus illness I'm dealing with. He's not one of those 'auto accident' type of chiropractors, he's very natural and holistic and wants his patients to come see him when THEY feel the need, not when he says to.
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 6:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I have SPD during pregnancy (awful pelvic pain, etc) and chiro was one of the things that made walking possible. I'm not a fan of chiropractic for everything, but for that it was a lifesaver.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2010