How to tell friends we are pregnant again?

We already have two kids. And we are pregnant again with our 3rd. How do I tell my friends that I am pregnant? These friends have have been trying for awhile and have not had any success. And some others who have also had trouble conceiving, have made comments like. "Please tell me you are NOT trying for a 3rd."

How do I tell them I am pregnant again? Without hurting their feelings or have them hurt mine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've been there, but you have to tell them so I wouldn't facebook it first or anything, maybe go over there house for a visit and tell them the news. After you feel you've told the more important people first, then go ahead and let the whole world know! It's your pregnancy and just because others have it rough doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy your awesome news!

I've been on both sides and I was angry and hurt whenever someone announced they were pregnant but I tried soooo hard not to let it show because it's no their fault I miscarried 3 times before getting my 2nd.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Don't say anything. The bump will speak for itself.
    Anonymous

• well, first off i cant beleive your frined would say something like that to you. its your business, not thiers, they have no place to be rude and make you feel bad for having another baby.

i would sit down w them and explain that you dont want to hurt feelings, but this is the situation. i get that conception problems are very frustrating, but they should still give you support as your friends.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 5:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• As someone who had a hard time concieving, they wont be mad at you for getting pregnant. Its just hard for them because they are NOT pregnant. If you havent been in that position you have no clue how it feels. They may be sad for themselves for awhile but they will be ok. Just try not to talk about it ALOT in front of them, it will SEEM (I know you wont be) like you are throwing it in their faces when they are going through a hard time.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I just told everyone, even the ones having issues are so thrilled for us, they know the problems we have had in the past.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2010