my daughter is turning 1 on the 13th of this month im wondering if i stop giving her formula and start giving her cows milk. also do i stop feeding her baby food and start feeding her table food that everyone eats?

just want to know if i quit giving her formula when she turns 1 and do i start feeding her table food and toss the baby food?

turqoiswaters20

Asked by turqoiswaters20 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started giving my son regular milk when he was almost a year old. It's usually best to start off by mixing it with the formula. First couple of days 3/4 formula, 1/4 milk, then 1/2 formula, 1/2 milk etc. Mine was off formula and just drinking milk within a week. Some kids take a little longer to adjust.

As for table food, you can certainly start trying, just make sure to cut it up in small enough pieces for her to chew. Again, some kids adjust quicker than others, but if you're talking about the pureed baby food, she's certainly old enough to move on from that.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Baby food is never a necessity. My second has never liked it, would and will only eat table food, and she's 10 months old. My first, though, wouldn't touch table food until he was 14 months old. If your baby will eat table food, then feed her table food. If she won't, then there's no time limit on baby food, and you can let her continue eating it as long as she wants to. The important thing is variety, especially without the nutrients of formula, and that can be gotten from baby food or table food or a combination. So basically, it's up to your baby.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My DS has had table food since 7 mos. He is almost 11 mos now, and I haven't started him on milk yet. I plan to in the next couple months, but I've had him weaned onto the EnfaGrow formula for a couple weeks now, and he's drinking less aand less of it.. He always has water and snacks available.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• You can toss the baby food right now. Not needed, and really never was but the manufacturers need you to believe otherwise. **grin** Enjoy putting the extra money into something tasty for the whole family!

Answer by gdiamante at 6:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• We kept my son on some formula until he was about 14 months because he wasn't a good eater until then.... we used the toddler formula. We started with just mixing small amounts and worked up from there.
    As for the baby foods... we had my son off of baby food at 9 months.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2010