How stupid is this?

Ok I smoke.I know its stupid but here is the story.My hubby told me before her left for work that if i would eat one of his fried frog legs that he would buy me a pack of cigarettes.I told him there is no way that I am eating that because I am not a fan of foods like that.He said ok whatever so then we went out to the store to get some snacks he gave me the money to go in and when I did I bought a pack of cigarettes.When I came back out he was like I did not say you could get those I said if you ate a frog leg I would buy you a pack.I was like so what is the difference you would have spent the same money and gained nothing.I said well you are just going to have to be mad because this is stupid.He then said

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• i think he said you should eat a frog leg b/c he knew you wouldn't and he don't want you to smoke
    Anonymous

• What he said was very wrong. I can understand being disappointed in you for not trying something new that's so simple, but maybe he really wants you to quit, so he thought he had a way of getting you to stop, and you messed it up for him. Regardless, he shouldn't have said that.
    Anonymous

• Uhhh, why does he have to give you money, and decide what you can spend it on? Don't you have your own money? I'm sorry, this just sounds like you're on an allowance like some little 12 year old kid or something...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• did I mention that we live with his parents because he says we have no money to move out and blah blah blah...what it really is ,is that mommy and daddy give him whatever and treat me like shit.Also I quit smoking for a year and he brought me a pack of cigs and sat them infront of me and said I figured its been a while....I told him no but he was like i wont care just one wont hurt and then I smoked one sure enough I started right back ....
    Anonymous

• And you're still with this loser asshole why?
    Anonymous

• For him to give you that temptation and get you started again, then be a jerk about it later is screwed up. Your money should be equal, granted I have that problem here and there with hubby my friend taught my this... If he says that then take his wallet and use all his fun money. After 3 or 4 times mine never says that to me. Guys some times like to play control games when they do if you show them you will take control if they fight for it instead of it being equal they tend to back down. It's like who has a bigger bite. They don't realized if pushed we do. As for the living w/ in-laws sit. that might hurt the plan above.. so you need a new strategy. I was in the same sit about a yr ago. I came out on top, but it's a lot more trying. He needs to realize he is your husband and not mommy and daddies little boy any more. For this you need reinforcements. People he cares for and trust other than you to tell him to get off momas t
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• For the one who asked why she is still with this jerk. Move in with your in laws you'll get the same shit the first time. Try and be productive.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Any way off mommas tit. He is doing this because he thinks it's ok. If you are the only one saying it's not he will probably say you are just jealous of his relationship with his parents and that you need to grow up. This is called reversal people do it when they know they are in the wrong but are in denial or trying to justify there actions. Your best bet... Start looking through and circling places in the papers and classified you know he would like and leave them where he will find them. Don't ever speak to him about this angry or in an annoyed, disciplinary tone it will end bad. Or he will zone you out. Do it calm and lovingly. To show your frustration talk very little in a low sad tone whenever in this sits. This gets there attention. Genetically men are fixers this lets them know your not happy your sad, and it entices him to want to fix the problem. GOOD LUCK. If you ever need to talk PM me. I hope this helps a little
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• hot-mama86, that's bullshit. I HAVE lived with my in-laws, and they were awesome to me. If they weren't, I wouldn't put up with it, and neither should any woman. She shouldn't be staying with this asshole if he's doing this kind of thing to her.
    Anonymous

• I'd rather eat a frog leg than smoke a cigarrette but that's not the point...your man sounds like a controlling jerwad, if I were you I'd tell him to take his fkn frog leg and stick it where the sun don't shine.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 5:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2010