how much formula should my 8 month old be having every day?

i was told that he should be having 5-7 6oz bottles but my mil doesnt think that is enough. for breakfast he has oatmeal and a jar of fruit and lunch is a jar of veggie and meat mix and dinner same as lunch but with some of what we r eating....he gets 6 oz when wakes up 2 oz with breakfast 6 oz between breakfast and lunch and 2 oz with lunch and 6 oz between lunch and dinner and 2oz with dinner and 6 oz before bed....all together that would equal about 5 6oz bottles

mommyinjune0992

Asked by mommyinjune0992 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son just turned 9 months and his pedi has said atleast 24 oz a day
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• The amount to me is fine. You don't want to over do it so he/she does not spit it up.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• hmm i think at 8 months my son was getting about 30oz a day. when i went for his 9 month appt they said the average is 24-32oz a day
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 8:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I agree with sewwt lil mama. my doc said 24-32oz a day. My 8mo old has 28oz a day average.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2010