When did you get married? How did you come up with the date?

I just got married today at the court house. It was going to be April 1st but there was rumors that people were going to try to ruin it, so we decided to just go ahead & do it today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I also want to say congratulations! Now get off the computer and go be with your dh! lol!
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• October 7th. It was the first full day that I was going to be living in NC with my now husband, and we wanted to get it done as soon as we could so we could buy the house we wanted. Then our families decided we needed to have a ceremony, so they put a little something together for us on December 9th, because it was a convenient date for all parties involved.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I got married june 19th 2007. i also got married at the court house and we had teh reception a few days later. no special date we just decided on that
    gfam6

Answer by gfam6 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Aug. 9th and we picked that day because it was the same day we met 3 years before.
    Anonymous

• We got married on July 30,1988. I don't remember the reason we chose that date, but the best part is that it's now our son's birthday as well! He was born on our 10th anniversary.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• We were married August 15th. We wanted to get married in Aug because it was the soonest we could get it planned and all the others saturdays our preacher had weddings.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• A Very Big Happy & Hugs for congratulations! May you have your Happily ever After.. My DH & I met on Christmas Eve. He was 18 I was 16. We married 11 Days after my 20th Birthday. On August 30th. There's talk that marraiges in August are long term ones! We'll celebrate 30 this year! Best of luck to you & your new DH!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I got married January 7, 2000. The date was pretty arbitrary. We got engaged in June 1999 and around October we looked at a calendar and just picked a Friday several months into the future. We found out I was pregnant a few weeks later so that all worked out.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Me and my ex-husband got married on July 2nd 2007. It was just convenient, because we both worked in factories at the time, and the factories around here shut down for 1 week for 4th of July, so we got married on the first full day of shutdown, so we could spend the rest of the time in Panama City. lol. We had actually wanted to get married 07-07-07 (5 days later) but if we did, we wouldn't have time for a honeymoon.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• We picked March 26th 2005 cause it was the friday of my spring break, I had to go back to school monday. I was a senior in HS>
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2010