does anyone else have a husband that gets too tired for sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope, that's always my role.
    Anonymous

• Sure do ! And I go after what I want just like when he wants it he tries new ways. I mean try doing something he likes. climb on top of him...or there is always oral sex. I am sure if you initiate it he will follow.
    Anonymous

• yes, im pregnant but he is to tired ..... it makes me feel ugly that he dont wanna make love to me
    Anonymous

• when you say that is always your role do you purposely turn your dh down to keep him begging for sex so he does not turn you down ever because you dont like the feeling of rejection?
    Anonymous

• Yep, all the time lol. It's better now than it has been in the past, though, thank god! lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Anon :58, no, I mean that he's never too tired for sex, but I definitely get way too tire for sex. And if I do say no to sex, it's because I'm too tired.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, sure... he works hard & sometimes would rather chill out, hang out, whatever. Sex isn't the most important part of our relationship to him, so sometimes we just joke around or have nice conversations. And sometimes he just wants to sleep! Honestly I used to not understand but we're pretty in sync now - having 4 small children makes me kind of tired sometimes too. ;-) He's more aware now that Touch is my "love language" and is more interested in the non-physical aspects of sex, and I'm more able to separate love from sex - which means if he's not interested for a few days, I don't start thinking there's something wrong. We're much more balanced now.

The hard part though is that it's outside the stereotype to have the woman have the lower sex drive, which means it's easy to feel like "something's wrong," even though it's part of the normal range and a lot of other couples have the same situation.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• sure, sometimes he's too tired and sometimes I'm too tired, but if it becomes a habit you need to talk about it. My ex started out saying he was too tired and it went on for over 6 months. I tried talking to him about it and he just got defensive. Finally I told him I thought our relationship was in jeapardy and I wanted to go to a counselor. he finally agreed but then the counselor told him he was depressed and that he needed to work on that before we could work on our sex life. 6 months later he seemed less depressed but kept using that as an excuse. 6 months turned into a year and a year turned into 2 years and finally I told him I wanted a divorce. (obviously there's a bit more to it than that but you get the idea) Months after we split up he admitted that he wasn't in love with me anymore and that was the real reason he wouldn't have sex with me. Needless to say he chose the hard way to communicate it.
    Anonymous