About to be a mom (any day now), and need advice on health insurance..?

I was unable to get insurance at the beginning of my pregnancy because I have this "pre-existing condition" known, otherwise, as a baby. But now I am looking and I am not sure which companies are good (for me and the baby), which are bad, and the reviews are all over the place. Is there anyone that has an insurance company they would suggest for me, and possibly why? (Not too pricey...I'm a single mom-to-be). Thank you!!

Claudia5858

Asked by Claudia5858 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Health

• I would apply for state insurance if you qualify. Even if you dont the baby should. They dont let babies go w.o insurance. Also the bigger hospitals a lot of times have assistance programs where theyll pay for most if not all care and your just respsonsible for your prescriptions if any. If neither of those work, some of the best insurances include Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO, Health America and United Health Care. Theres also some other pretty good ones like Aetna, and such. Try www.ehealthinsurance.com they compare a bunch of insurances based on what your looking for and give you a good idea of price and what to expect. Try that. Hope this helps!
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2010