why do we fight over stupid little stuff?!

me and my SO fight constantly. it seems like we can't go a week without fighting. and it's ALWAYS over little stuff.. like one of us will say something jokingly and eventually it turns into a fight. really DUMB! and then we don't talk for a day or two. i need some advice here ladies! i don't know what im doing wrong, i just want to know how to prevent this stuff from happening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Pick your battles. Is it that important to fight over silly things. Some things you just need to let go.

Answer by louise2 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Wow I read that and thought for sure you were explaining my life. I have a tip that has helped me. I now say Honny I love you to much to fight with you about this, Is this really needed? And as silly as it sounds it will stop it most days...
    tiredmom1998

Answer by tiredmom1998 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• If you're open to it, there's this really good book me and my fiance just read called 'The Five Love Languages' by Gary Chapman. It's about how everyone has a certain primary love language and in order for them to really feel loved, their significant other needs to speak in that language. It could be these little fights are just a result of what Dr. Chapman refers to as an 'empty love tank.' Nobody's fault, it just might be that you're communicating in the wrong language. Even if your SO isn't open to reading the book with you, you can definitely still read it. Chapman does a good job of helping readers to figure out the love language of their SO. When he feels loved, he will be so much more willing to respond with love! The five languages are 'Acts of Service', 'Receiving Gifts', 'Physical Touch', 'Quality Time', and 'Words of Affirmation.' Give it a read! Couldn't hurt, right? : )
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Are there underlying resentments? Think about it....is there something really bothering you? If so, talk about it together and actually address it. Then let the little stuff go!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2010