Does anyone know how to get a 19 month old to sleep through the night?

fefemama3

Asked by fefemama3 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids slept through the night at the latest....6 months, so I don't know how to help you. Do you have a nightly routine? What time do you try to put them to bed? Where do they sleep, in their crib/bed, or with you? Do they still use a bottle? You need to give more information if you want help...
    Anonymous

• My daughter was still not sleeping through the night at 17 months and they said this was a sign that they MIGHT have reflux. We already knew at 9 months that my daughter had silent reflux but I had thought it had gone. She's been on Prevacid now for 5 months and sleeps through the night.

Do you guys have a nightly routine?
    Xandriasmommy

Answer by Xandriasmommy at 7:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My son is 20 months and he still isn't sleeping though the night. He started to sleep through the night at 9 weeks and that lasted until around 11 months and he started waking up in the middle of the night. I get up and hold him for a minute and he goes back to sleep. My doctor said not to do the crying it out method right now because they're at an age where they want to be on their own but still need you!

Good luck mommy and message me if you find a good way! =D
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My girls are 18 months old and JUST started to sleep through the nights on most nights. Teething isn't helping though. But for the most part, if they wake I don't go in unless I feel I HAVE to. KWIM. Good luck.. I feel for you!!
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 10:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• His doctor wants him to have a sleep study done but I do not think it is a good idea because it is going to be hard for him to fall asleep with all these little things stuck to him. He just went to see her again because he ended up getting bronchitis and she told me to give him tea called sleep time and he will not even drink I think because it smells so strong
    fefemama3

Answer by fefemama3 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2010