Should we profile white men now?

Another white man committed an act of violence after hysterical political rantings.

When does the profiling begin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It only matters if he's christian and republican. LOL Just kidding.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Yea, we should totally do that. Lets get a move on times "awastin 'people!!!
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• White men have been committing acts of violence sonce the beginning of time...

Wait, come to think of it, men of ALL races / colors / backgrounds have been committing acts of violence...

Maybe we should STOP profiling EVERYONE and realizing it doesn't really work when you base it on the superficial

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Sweet said it!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• It's only about race, religion, political views and whatever else if it's MADE to be that way!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 8:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• clappingWELL SAID SWEET!!!

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Janet Napolitano thinks we should.
    Anonymous

• Accoring to an African American cop that was on the radio a while back 65 percent of the violent crimes in his area are commited by African American men.

If one particular race is commiting more crimes than people are going to profile. I'm not saying it's right. I mean look at Middle Eastern people. After 9/11 they were treated horrribly. Many still are treated bad because they look similar to people who commited acts of terrorism.

Many races look at the "white man" as a sign of oppression. Slavery was abolished such a long, long time ago but they are still looked at that way.

So I guess I don't know when "white men" will be profiled for crime. I do know that I don't care what color a man is...if there is one near my car, I'm locking the doors. If there is a man at my door I want to see an ID before I open the door. I guess I profile men because of my experiences. Maybe others do the same based on their experiences
    Anonymous

what is the ratio of residents where he patrols? Is the AREA itself is a 70/30 split Black / white?..of course there are more blacks he sees....if there are more blacks that LIVE there. If you racially profile...than you MISS all the WHITE criminals and drive up the black % , KWIM? If you are LOOKING at ONE race..thats what you will GET...and BTW, I hear you about men in general..but many a WOMAN committed serious heinous and violent acts, just saying, profiling based on one superficial reason does NOT work and will give you teh results that you are SEEKING and not the ones that you didnt think of

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2010