Can you please leave me alone?

I okay....I run a in home daycare. It started out simple but now it is a licensed home. I went from making play money to almost 70,000 a year. So why is it that my husband jumps my case on on my decisions concerning the business. He tells me he supports me 100% but then picks at me about charging more or that I am TOO nice to families. Hello...I deal with kids. I have a waiting list and get referrals from my current families. I was a business manager for real estate companies before. I am an educated women. He acts like I don't know what I am doing. I feel like I am doing well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• ignore him, are you the bread winner? well if so he ma feel a little "jealous" or him being a man he may feel its his job to make the most money..which is silly:) good for you and YOUR buissness!
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 8:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Sounds like you are doing quite well! Congrats!

Maybe he's jealous? Do you make more than him now?
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I would guess it could be one of two things, either he might be feeling put out of place if you are bringing in more then he is, or maybe he's worried that you could end up not needing him and want to leave. I know guys are funny that way, about a year ago, I was working and DH was a full time student. He told me he didn't feel like a "real" husband because he wasn't providing for his family. I'd think that would be a normal thing for an older guy to say, but mine is 26!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Insure ego
    Anonymous

• It might be related to the money, but it might not. Some people are just control freaks and don't feel right unless they're micromanaging everything in the home.
    D.Mary

Answer by D.Mary at 9:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2010