Do you let your child play any video game ?

do you let your child play any game he or she wants to ?
or do you limit the games by age ?

meNmine

Asked by meNmine at 8:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• They do play almost any game they want, online and on the Xbox. They have a lot of freedom with what games they play and how much (as long as they're sharing and not fighting! LOL) but there have been a couple games they aren't allowed to play because there's just too much graphic bloody-gory violence and/or inappropriate sexiness in them - and I'll feel the same about those games until they're adults, and I honestly don't think that they're appropriate for grown ups either.

Or if it's scary enough to give any of them nightmares... which basically just means that they don't play it around my 5yo, who is bothered by it. My 7 and 3 yo are generally fine with that sort of thing - so it's not by age but by the individual child's needs.

Basically, they have freedom to choose, but I monitor and make sure I know what they're playing, and if it's needed I'll point them in another direction or talk to them about the content.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 10:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Any game? No, some are much too violent. But there are quite a number of fun games they can play instead. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• the wii....it's fun, violence free, and requires movement to stay in shape
    Anonymous

• My DD is only 3. She can manage Mario Kart, and the games on the Nick Jr website.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• my dd is 3 and we just bought her harvest moon, but she doesnt really have any interest in playing. so for now, we just go to the park and let her play outside.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My dd (7) plays xbox games occasionally (once a week for 1/2 hour). She has games like Raymond, Taz, Dr. Suess, and a few other g rated games. She also enjoys playing webkinz online occasionally.
    Anonymous

• We do let our oldest play some online games on Sprout or Nick Jr. And we also let him play Lego Batman and Lego Indiana Jones games for the XBOX 360- but only on weekends. No games are allowed during the week at all.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My 3 year old plays mario kart, shrek and smash bros. my step children play shrek and smash bros. they play child appropriate games.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 5:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2010