Is there anyone else out there who has serious problems losing 15 pounds?

I have tried everything. I do have hypothyroidism - but I do take Synthroid and my levels are normal. But I have tried everything to lose 10-15 pounds and I can't get it off... I have tried calorie reduction, pills, low carb diet, exersize, I even have bought a bodybugg- where I monitor my calories burned and take a food log to SEE what I eat- and how much and carb, protien and fat ratio... I am ready to go to extremes... (like taking adderall)... I am 5'6 and weigh 143 and really need to lose some wieght-- I have a belly..and high cholesterol...I am also a prediabetic... what can I do? Anyone been in the same boat as me and gotten out? Please help...any advice etc? Thanks

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 8:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I usedto struggle with this until I tried Beachbody. I've been so impressed with the company, I am now a beachbody coach. And they do have a program called Kathy Smith Project You Type 2 for people with Type 2 diabetes. This might be a good option for you if you are prediabetic.

Many fitness and nutrition programs say "results not typical" in fine print on their ads and commercials, but with Beachbody, results ARE TYPICAL .. you can see that by reading the hundreds of success stories.

Message me if you want more info. You can read about the Kathy Smith program & success stories on my website.

www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs
    Stories on bottom left

or SHOP / FITNESS PROGRAMS / KSPY T2 and click on VIEW DETAIL
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 8:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• uhm...adderall is a add/adhd medicine. i dont not suggest using a narcotic for weightloss. unless it is prescribed to YOU, it is illegal for YOU to take it.
    maybe you could add cardio to your exercise regimen. Also, have you ever thought that maybe you are at your natural body weight?
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Well- I do have a prescription of Adderall-- as I do have adult adhd-- but it scares me to take it... so since I am a stay at home mom-- I only use it when I really need it...
    Also- I do cardio and wieghts...
    I can't seem to change my body fat and the belly etc that I have. I am going to be 33 this month... there is no way that this could be my natural wieght- I look heavier than 143 pounds... I have pockets of fat on my body-- I also have the perdiabetes and high cholesterol... I NEED to shed at least 10 pounds...
    newmamanew2town

Answer by newmamanew2town at 9:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I also am hypothryroid and take synthroid. Like you I tried losing weight and was stuck. I then used a nutritional cleansing product and easily lost 18 lbs and kept it off. I would be happy to give you more information if you send me a PM through cafemom, we can talk more through email . . . .
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 8:01 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Do you workout at all? Although I don't think that is the issue you should start a workout routine if you haven't yet. I think it's a dietary issue especially if you have thyroid issues. I just came upon this guy on YouTube earlier this week and he is phenominal! He has a website and just listening to his videos on YouTube have made such a difference with me just this week alone implementing what hes saying about what we are eating. I've been taking Coconut Oil 1 TBSP in the morning and I can't believe the difference just this week. Not saying that that alone is what is making the difference but I've been trying to lose the last 5 pounds for the past month and the scale won't budge and my clothes fit the same but in the last couple days boom! They are loose! In fact one of the videos he has one Coconut Oil says in some cases people with thyroid end up being able to get off their medication due to just using the Coconut Oil.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 8:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• His website is www.undergroundwellness.com and his name is Sean Croxton. You can look his video up on Coconut Oil and check some of the other ones out too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJUdAyaVBY Take the time and check him out. He also does Metabolic Testing to see what you should be eating for your metabolism.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 8:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2010