ahhh help!!!

so when i make stew i always start it the night before and its done for an early dinner/lunch the next day. i turned the crockpot on and pt all my ingredients in the meat,veggies,etc and it usall heats up REALLY fast...well i pt the lid on came back about 15 minutes later and its still cold(the crockpot) its on the high setting too. WHAT DO I DO ??? obviously i think its broken..so can a crockpot(the actal pot) go in the oven? i dont think i have a big enogh pot for all the food..ugh!!!!

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 8:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I don't think the ceramic liner can go into the oven, sorry. Do you have a roasting pan you use for holidays? That should work. Either that or you may have to do something else for dinner.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My grandma puts it in the oven. It doesn't hurt hers. On another notes I have a recipe for a microwave quick stew as well as chilli if you like them in case this happens again. Just PM Good luck.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Put it in a stockpot on the stove. Stir and add liquid as needed

Answer by rkoloms at 7:06 AM on Mar. 6, 2010