The movie "2012"

Has anyone watched it? I would like to know what you thought about it. It confused and left to many holes to me...but maybe someone can clear those things up for me. Such as why are there no other children saved, why did they not dispose of all the cars on the plane so they would have enough fuel to get to their destination, etc.

Brickhouse95

Asked by Brickhouse95 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• About the cars on the planes, I thought the same thing. But then they did use a car to get off the plane, right. I was trying to figure out why they where taking all those old people and not people when can reproduce and populate the earth.

Answer by louise2 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• UNNECESSARILY LONG....i love action movies but there were scenes in there that just wasted time and it was poorly put together. i got bored with it very quickly...i don't recommend it if you don't wanna waste 3 hours of your life
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• was it any good? my hubby wants to see it
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• L-A-M-E! I fell asleep, woke up, tried to watch it...fell asleep again.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 8:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• The cars on the plane is easy. The people were in the cargo with the cars and couldn't fit in the cock pit so they could safely dispose of the cars. As for the children thing. There were but you had to look closely at the end. They show few children during fights for survival. For most child actors those scenes are to scary. For the viewers a lot of people don't wanna see it. The same reason the kids usually survive horror flicks.Viewers don't wanna watch a child die. Though the movie is seemingly impossible to do in real life. I actually love the plot. It was more of a psych thing. Human nature. The fight for survival at all cost vs. people always trying to make a buck.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I thought the movie was great. If you watch the scene where the geologist asks how the people were chosen and then it flashes to all the people getting ready to board there are quite a few children but that is the only scene where they really show many kids. I think also the lack of kids may have to do with the fact that they were emphasizing the power of money over logic in the world.Also in that scene the man responds that they "were chosen by geneticists" and the geologist says it looks more like their wallets and they agree with him and tell them it was a many billion $ project and they needed a way to fund it. As for the cars, they thought they were over 1000 miles away from their destination so they probably thought it wouldn't have made a difference. If you remember when the pilot calls them up he said the entire world shifted over 1700 miles. Letting the cars go wouldn't have made that much of a difference.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 9:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I despise Roland Emmerich and everything he stands for. I liked Independence Day when I was 10. Now I've grown up and know better...he just likes to scare the shit out of unsuspecting moviegoers.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2010