President Obama has proposed a 1.4% pay increase for active duty military in 2011. This is the LOWEST SINCE 1973! Nice to know that during a time of rampant inflation, while war is fought in 2 theatres, our men and women in uniform get A LOWER PAY INCREASE THAN WELFARE RECIPIENTS!

Does Obama really know what he is doing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh good Lord, first of all, this is a bs chain letter, and 2nd of all, perhaps the military should be THANKFUL they are getting an increase at all. I am on reduced pay for over a year now, haven't had an increase in years...and I'm just thankful to have a job....how many have NO job and NO pay...please. Just stop it.
    Anonymous

• Doesn't surprise me, he isn't exactly supportive of our Military, in case you haven't noticed...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• This is BULL SHIT!!

And first poster...ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW???

Those people are risking their lives to protect this county and do as they have been asked to do. Are you fighting a war PP? Because if your not...STOP YOUR FREAKING WHINING!

Some people make me SICK!
    Anonymous

• I am on reduced pay for over a year now, haven't had an increase in years...and I'm just thankful to have a job....how many have NO job and NO pay...please. Just stop it.

Perhaps you should write your elected officials.  They voted to give themselves a raise, yet you haven't had one in years.  Do you think they are deserving every year of a pay increase when those that are trying to make a living wage go without, and will be inundated with new taxation to fill the government teet that our politicians feed on?  Whining indeed.

Anonymous

• As a military wife, I really wish people would stop bitching about this. I'm just thankful my husband has a job where he won't get laid off.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 9:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• What makes me sick is that these people made their own choice to join the military. No one made them, no one was drafted, so THEY need to stop THEIR bitching and complaining. If they didn't read the fine print before joining that's no one's fault but their own.
    Them being over THERE is not protecting me HERE in the United States.
    If they all left the Middle East today I would actually be quite happy.
    Anonymous

• the military gets paid on salary and most of the time they work way later then they should! Most of the time they dont even make min wage! My husband is in the military and I think this bites and cant wait for Obama to get out of office! I think that its BS that movie stars are more important in some peoples eyes! They get milions and teachers and military and nurses and people that actually make a difference get paid close to nothing! Its crazy....
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 10:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Does Obama really know what he is doing?

No.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Who wouldn't want a decent pay raise for our troops instead of congress? Cripes,president Obama does not care about the middle class or small business owners or our military who are the very backbone of this country.
    Anonymous

• First of all: Everyone wants him to reducing spending...so when he does reduce people bitch. If he does not people bitch...you can't have it both ways. Also, many people are working with no raises or decreased raises..so at least they have jobs. Oh yea when people sign up you know you will not make much money. Also look at the benefits they receive such as insurance that is damn good. Just in October they got a pay increase of 3.4%. Here is a link for the factually challenged people: http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/02/27/1813694.aspx
    Plus, this is just proposed, nothing set in stone. So everyone who is bitching about it stop being dramatic about something that has not even happened!!!!!!!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2010