Single mommies: What do you do after the kids are in bed??

My house is clean, I don't have cable, or any movies I care to watch (TV makes me fall asleep), laundry is done, the internet is OFFICIALLY boring...........

My ex-husband never takes our daughter, so I am literally with her 24/7, I take her to work with me because I can't afford daycare/babysitting. I literally understand the meaning of stir crazy.......I think I'm going crazy. Seriously. What do you do when you're always stuck at home and have nothing to do?????? (And please don't say Cafemom, lol!!)

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 9:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• dear anonymous i was just about to say take a nice bath with a nice glass of wine....also if hubby isn't giving out...get a nice new toy you can use to play with an make sure hubby finds it...that's what i did...
    hubbys said : what is this?
    me : my new toy for when i'm hungry an your gone or not in the mood

trust me that was the last time i ever used the new little toy...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I scrapbook...and cry..Seems to be what I do most now a days.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• When I was a single mom I got a dog.. It was nice having something else to take care of when the kids were in bed... I would turn music on the TV real low and surfed the net, or read a book, took a bath... I also tried to stay in a routine because of getting up early for my oldest to get ready for school... I honestly enjoyed the quiet time...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i take baths. im not single, but my hub is gone at night..so after i put dd in bed, i take a nice hot bath and relax after the long day.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I cry a lot too....
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• sit outside on the front step and relax .
    talk on the phone ,
    hot relaxing bath ,
    chill wit friends ,
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I have two stepboys that I'm with 24/7, DH is working nights again. When he is home, he's sleeping, our jeep has been running so bad I can't drive it. My freaking jeep and I haven't driven in over a year!! So I'm basically trapped in my own home. No family in town, not really any friends to speak of. Couldn't go anywhere any way cuz there isn't anyone to babysit!

I hate to say it, but I do a fair amount of CM, I need to get back on my FB. I also play Guild Wars, that's about it. I also read, sometimes do yoga or cross stitch while listening to music. Sometimes after I put them to bed, I take a shower (if I feel energetic) or just fall into bed.

I got used to being alone when I was an army wife for 14 yrs, the last 6 of those my ex was green beret. It's like being single, getting child support...but you still don't have a sex life. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Yep...I'm pretty lonely...
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Ok I'm not a single mom, but I am home alone quite a bit with the 3 kids when DH is on TDY's or deployed. THat's when you get a hobby of your own. Find something you like to do, something that makes you happy. You'll find yourself spending all your free time doing it. FOr me those things are reading, cooking/baking (yes, you can cook even after dinner and prepare meals or desserts for a future time and freeze them!), crafts, and I am hoping to learn how to cross stitch soon.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• READ. Its the best ever. I LOVE a good book. I also like expolring. We have woods out back that I love to go out in and just look around. Evenutally I got good at spotting tracks and have found some cool stuff.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2010