Is take n' bake pizza a more healthy choice then fast food?

My mother never really taught me how too cook. But i am trying to learn on my own. Well, tonight i kinda screwed up dinner somehow so we got taken bake pizza. I thought it seemed like a better choice then fast food. What do you think? is there much of a difference.
btw. it's a vegetarian pizza.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 9:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It depends on the other fast food you're comparing it to, but yeah, take and bake pizza is probably a good choice. Especially with a vegetarian pizza you get a good chunk of your food groups - vegetables, dairy, and grains. Pizzas with greasy meats you should be a bit more wary of - they can pack a lot of saturated fat, which is the bad kind - and cholesterol. The main thing, of course, is to think about serving sizes. Often with pizza it's fun to eat a whole bunch of pieces, but with all the cheese doing that can ramp up your saturated fat intake pretty quick. Try pairing pizza with another quick and nutritious side or two if you're doing a take and bake, so that everyone doesn't have to eat a bunch of pizza to get full. Also, pizza crusts usually aren't whole grain, so you'll be getting less nutrients and fiber from the 'grains' portion of that meal. Try pairing it with a simple fruit salad and some whole grain garlic bread.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I think vegetarian is always better. Did you look at what's in it? That's what counts. And if you got it from a restaurant than they should tell you the nutrition facts on it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• It has lot of carbs either way but I think it is a little better than take out but not much better. I would try the walmart supreme pizza from the deli. They are 16 inch for 9 dollars and they are loaded with veggies! Or you can make your own with little cheese and meat. Use thin crust and use lots of veggies!
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2010