Ceiling Fan Blade Sleeves and Insulated Curtains

Are there such things at sleeves for the blades for the ceiling fans at all? If so are there patterns that I can follow to make them from home? Even the insualted curtains..............Any patterns?

jilligan362

Asked by jilligan362 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Insulated curtains are just regular curtains with some type of lining, either flocked flannel or a foam. If you like to sew, stopping by the local fabric store for patterns or material suggestions might be a good idea. As for the fans, I have never seen fabric sleeves for fans, only covers that change the look of the fan blade so that it looks like a palm leaf or something, and those were very expensive.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I've never seen fan blade covers, but they probably wouldn't be hard to make. You would just have to put a drawstring or something on the open end so that when you cover the blade, you can pull the drawstring tight and that way it wouldn't slip off when the fan was running. Also, make sure the strings don't have alot of material as it could get wound up around the base.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2010