Interior Paint Question!

We just moved into a mobile home, and I'd like to do some redecorating; painting, redo the floors eventually, and decorate the place inside & out. Does anyone know an estimate cost of how much it cost to paint a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom mobile home? I'm not sure of the size maybe a 16X80, but thats a guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• In my experience it usually takes about a gallon to do a bedroom if you are using an easy hide paint that doesn't need a second coat. If you use the same paint for all the bedrooms and bathrooms you might be able to do it all with 3 gallons if the rooms are small and 4 gallons if the rooms are larger. You may end up buying more paint if you want more than one color. You can measure the rooms and look on a paint website (Valspar, Sherwin Williams, etc.) for instructions on figuring how much paint you will need. Once you figure out how much you need you can multiply that by the per gallon cost of the paint. The paint I usually buy is about $20 - $25 per gallon, but I have seen some as low as $9 or $10 per gallon.
    Anonymous

• Careful, when it comes to paint you get what you pay for. For all the work of painting I buy the best, and the best is Benjamin Moore. I used to go to Home Depot and buy valspar or bear and was never pleased with the results. My MIL told me to use Benjamin Moore. As soon as I put it on the wall I could feel the quality in the texture. I know that sounds silly but you'll know what I'm talking about when you work with it. Gonna set my profile to public, check out my nursery photos. Benjamin Moore is 35.00 a gallon for the Regal, which is an excellent paint and what I used in my nursery. The Aura and Natura are more expensive and your paying for the zero VOC's ( No chemical smell, healthier for you). GL... and feel free to PM me, I've done so much painting.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• ....Oh an BenjaminMoore.com has a painting calculator, just type in dimensions and it tell you how much paint you'll need.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2010