question

my 2month old has problems with the formula she is on. she is on good start the orange can and has bad gas problems and crys all the time with her tubby hurting. I want to get her a differnt formula. I have tryed to talk to her doctor but all they told me to do is add dark karyo syrub to 4oz of formla and that is still not helping.. What do u think is the best formail for this kind of thing? im about to go out and get the formla now and want to know the best kind to get? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is gas relieving drops that you can give your baby. It's called "Infants Mylicon" they sell it at walmart and it's not very expensive. I used this for my daughter and it worked GREAT! I wouldn't recommend anything else. Might be the best choice if your baby's doctor wants her on that formula.
    LadyDonohoe

Answer by LadyDonohoe at 12:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• i would not do karo syrup. the mayo clinic does not recommend it either. it has high fructose corn syrup in it. i would try a sensitive formula. i would also try burping frequently.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• You'll just have to try different things. There are formulas that are more easily digested, but tend to be the expensive ones like Nutramigen (sp?). You could also try relactation. Some babies just are allergic or react baddly to all formula. If interested visit: http://www.kellymom.com/

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• IDK much about formula, but I DO know that even Karo does not recommend using their product on infants. They SPECIFICALLY recommend against it on their website. You might want to let your doctor know that.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2010