This is my second pregnancy and I have never had this happen before have any of you?lol

I have been in really bad pain since last night cramping really bad and when it brought me to tears I was like I think I should go to the hospital and get checked.So I went and she checked to see if I had dilated anymore and she said I've not.I am still dilated to one and 50% effaced but when she checked my cervix she said OMG do you feel that? I was like yes I feel that she said "that is my fingers touching the babys head and making him bounce up and down haha". Then she just sent me home & said the pain was normal.HOW CAN SHE TOUCH THE BABYS HEAD? I have never heard of that before unless you are about to deliver or something has changed because my doctor could not do that last week??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It was a RN by the way that checked me lol
    Anonymous

• If the baby's head is down she was probably bouncing it up and down by pressing on your cervix on the outside; the baby's head is resting against your cervix on the inside.
    Anonymous

• the head sits right on the cervix so if it opens even just a little and the person checking you can slip a finger in there they are touching the head. Also after the first pregnancy you can be dilated more for a longer period of time. With my fifth one I was dilated to 3 for 4 weeks before I delivered. The cramping is probably due to lack of water so drink some and it should go away. Oh and one more thing one person can check you and you may measure 1cm then the next comes in and calls it a 2. It depends on the size of the person fingers and what they were taught. It isn't like they actually have a tape measure in there to check and see they are only guessing
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Dude, i would get a 2nd opinion
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2010