12 month old and blister on gum

My 12 month old just got her 1 year shots on Monday. She also has swollen gums, teeth should be coming in soon (she already has 6). She has been under the weather but started feeling better yesterday. Anyways, tonight I notieced a little blister on the top of her gums. It is white. Could this come from teething or the shots. I am calling the doctor tomorrow (they are open on saturdays). I just was wondering if anyone had any expierence with this. Thanks everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's called a tooth bud, it's where the tooth is coming in. avoid numbing gels, it makes their gums hard as a rock and makes it harder for the teeth to come in. Teething rings are great, pigs ears, leather, whatever a baby can chew on without choking or gnawing off pieces. Avoid pain relievers too, the long term effects are necrosis of the cartilige. Hylands teething tablets work good. Celebrate!
    taraslife

Answer by taraslife at 11:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• When my son was about 10 months old he had a ruptured hematoma right where his top left front tooth was coming in. I thought it was a blister or even the tooth coming in with skin around it, but it looked horrible. It got really big and red and purple. So I took him to his doctor and he said to take him to a kid dentist. I did and that is how I found out what it was. Basically it was barely hanging on and she pulled it off. It was cause from a bunch of blood vessels grouped together and tissue and that was pushed out by the tooth. Once it was gone we could see the tooth. So it might be that. They told me that it would of gone away on it's on or fallen off. But I felt so much better know that a professional looked at it, knew what they were doing and took care of it. It was so worth the office visit. Plus right after she pulled it off it looked like nothing was ever there. Good luck, definitely talk to the doctor
    crystal1480

Answer by crystal1480 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• when she woke up the next morning it was gone. Thanks for the advice.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2010