Why do people think that people on PA always have money to get nice clothes and their nails done?

I get Medicaid and I haven't had the spending money to get my nails done since I was in high school. I drive an old but reliable car. All of my clothes come from Goodwill. Why must I get roped in with those who abuse the system?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Whoever said that to you was on her period lol. I definately don't think that, I know better!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• bc they're mostly liars.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Because they don't actually know anyone on PA and just ASSume based on what they see on tv.
    Anonymous

• Lol I know when we were on PA I couldn't afford any of that, I was lucky to afford goodwill for my kids.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Because a lot ppl work under the table and don't report that income.
    Anonymous

• I was thinking the same thing today.

Mostly because I get rude looks for what I buy. Like buying Pampers pull ups for my daughter then paying for the milk with food stamps.
    PA is based on income, even if I bought cheap pullups, I still make way less than poverty level and qualify for food stamps. saving $3 on off brand that don't fit and break her out would not make me able to be off of foodstamps.

I don't go get my hair done or nails done or anything, but darn it! If I want to spend $10 on something for myself. then I think I can, it's my money. $10 isn't enough to get anyone off of PA. KWIM?

I drive nice car, but you know what, it was bought with life insurance $ after my dad died. My mom bought it for me so I could stop driving her grandkids around in a POS car that broke down every other week or so!
    Anonymous

• I lived in the projects but WORKED!! on of the very few.. I went to WORK everyday and had to pay daycare fees when there were welfare moms sitting home sleeping all day while the state paid for their daycare.
    .. I did get food stamps and state insurance since I only made $15,000 year. But I had money to drive a car, I wouldn't say perfect car but I worked for my $165/mo payments. I did go out to eat alot and always shopping.
    I once had a neighbor say how can you afford all that?! I looked at her and said, well if you got a job, you still can get help but be able to buy what you want!! .. Not to mention she smoked, and always had her cigs, and did pills, and got her hair and nails done.. all on my tax dollars! It made me mad! To answer your question?! the reason why they can afford these things is because they don't have car payments (since most don't even have), they don't go out to eat often, and when need money they ask ..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Because some people are ignorant.

Yep, there are plenty of people who abuse the system. But not everyone does it. Sorry that you have to be roped in with all the BS!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• ..someone else!!! Now if they got off their butts and tried to work at least they would beable to afford more!! or in my case less, cause I had to pay out more!!
    examples.. My rent was $459/mo, $80/electric, $169 car payments, $80/mo car insurance, $300 daycare fee/mo.. then I needed to make sure I needed gas to get to work, and extra money for the little things.
    Alot of my son's clothes were hand me downs!, I didn't buy anything new for myself EVER. so yes I would like to know how do those who sit on there asses collecting get those extras in life!! DUH?! they get EVERYTHING ELSE FREE!!!!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Because people enjoy judging others and being stereotypical.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2010