Is it ok to have a Spray Tan while pregnant????

weevil70

Asked by weevil70 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No it is a chemical that can be absorbed into the blood stream and possibly effect the baby, real sun is better.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i had one at 6 months with my son and he's only slightly weird. no just kidding. actually i called and asked different spas to ensure and all said it was good to go. if anything check with the doctor, the spa, and research online. that's triple checking and you'll be good and at ease. and please don't think i'm being a smarty-pants, i honestly did all three before going.... good luck and have fun girl
    Bambi12

Answer by Bambi12 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i did. i love tanning and hate being pale! maybe it is sily but i just look so much better and healthier with a tan. i did the mystic tan while pregnant. and i was fine. i also laid out in the natural sun a lot. i had end of summer babies. my kids turned out fine. i bet uv indoor tanning would even be fine after you were well into your second tri-mester, but i wasnt going to risk it. plus it would just look bad going tanning and being pregnant. haha. luckily for me, im very small. and i carried small. even when i got spray tanned.... they didnt know i was pregnant. good luck!
    Anonymous

• I got spray tans like every other week when I was pregnant! It is completely fine. The first poster is wrong. Spray tans are only absorbed into the first layer of skin so virtually nothing would get to the baby. And even if it did, it is harmless. Just don't breath in the stuff.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't do it pregnant or not. i agree with the first poster. if you look at the ingredients, and wouldn't eat it, then you shouldn't put it on your skin either.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• ok would you eat sun screen...no. so does that mean you shouldnt put it on your skin?! it's fine it shouldnt do any harm to the baby
    Anonymous

• I've been thinking about it, since I hear mixed reviews about tanning beds, but I think the problem with the tanning bed is that you get overheated. Between the skin, fat, muscles and the baby being in a uterus, the main damage the sun and the tanning beds do is on the top layer of skin, not down in your inside parts! haha... And I lather myself in lotions everyday including the Jergens tanning lotion, so I think Spray tan should be fine.
    Here's a link I found:
    http://www.pregnancylounge.com/tanningbed.php
    Anonymous

• Yes you can. Im a spray tan technician and you can get spray tanned while pregnant. As long as the solution is DHA Approved. Ask you spray tanning technician if they use DHA Approved solution.
    bored432

Answer by bored432 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2010