workaholic continued

im really not even mad at him I am concerned for him and I want to know if this realtionship can work. I never really thoguht about how intense and serious workaholism is not sure if thats a real word lol. But i feel liek it controls him, just like drugs alcohol gambaling whatever else controls the addict. Its very similar.

dDanaD74

Asked by dDanaD74 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband is the true definition of workholic, but I admire him for it. There are alot of deadbeat men out there looking for a woman to use....It doesn bother me because we are trying to get ahead in life so when we are older we can enjoy it more. But, if thats not what you want, then tell him, its all up to you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• It is going to be like that for the rest of his life. My sil is a workaholic. SHe is now vp at her co. Accept it being on the back burner for awhile or being the trophy wife. It doesn't mean he loves you any less ,It is what it is. He'll never change. My hubby's cell phone for work is always on. I know the feeling, but if you love the guy, accept it. I did and sometimes it is very hard, but it is up to you. How you feel and what you want in the next couple of years.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• well sweetie, hate to say it but it seems you already know this isnt what yo want for you and ds, and I couldnt agree more. you and I both know the toll it takes on a relationship when one is "into" their job so much everything else isnt as important. if you can handle the spare time he gives you, if yoou can live wiht a partner who is more into his job than anything else-stay.
    but if you cant, dont waste youor time because this man wont change, and if he did "for you", he would resent you and eventually it would end badly. sorry, just telling the truth and I know this is too important to you for me to be less than honest. (hugs)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2010