Any ideas for interactive activities I can do with 21 month old dd during the day?

I just need some ideas of more activities I can do with my dd during the day. I am a stay at home mom and we are always stuck at the house since my dh has the car all day. What do you ladies do with your toddlers during the day?

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• with the nicer weather coming up you can go for long walks and point out different things to her. When my DS and I go for walks we make a game of it with me asking him questions like "where's the sky" "where's the tree" etc then he will point at something and say "that" and I tell him what it is.
    As for inside the house we love to sing and dance. Ring now DS's favorite is "row your boat" but pretty much any interactive songs are good.
    If you don't mind her being on the computer there are some good on-line games for toddlers.
    other good things are: colouring, playing with blocks, play the indoor version of "where is...?" include body parts etc. peek-a-boo under the blanket
    here is a website with 101 things to do with your toddlers

http://www.arkcity.com/pat/101things.html
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 12:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Go for long walks
    Take a ride on a public bus

Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• make pizza from scratch

Answer by rkoloms at 6:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I bought my son a huge coloring book at the dollar store, and i got him some crayola washable markers, we sit on the kitchen floor and color and we both enjoy that :) i also asked the doctor for the paper they put on the doctors table for you to sit on while you're there and we colored on that too, It's helping him to learn his colors too! Next we're going to work on shapes! And by doing it on the kitchen floor even if a little gets on the floor it only takes a damp cloth to wipe it up.
    We also have a park with in walking distance to our house, so we enjoy going there on nice days.
    Work on learning where her body parts are.
    My son loves to "sing" and dance so sometime i can just turn on a music channel on tv and that will keep us entertained for quite a while!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Here is a calendar for a daily activity to do with your toddler (of course you can always do more, but this is a good place to start).

http://www.preschoolexpress.com/toddler-calendar10/toddler-calendar-mar10.pdf

You should check out the rest of the website too, there are lots of fun activities, songs, art projects, etc...

And I agree with rkoloms about pizza. We did it with our playgroup and the kids loved it! We do it at least once a month now at home, and you can make the dough with Bisquick so it's super easy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Thank you all! I can't wait to go for walks..we did a lot when it was warm out. I think the winter is just driving me nuts and boring us to death! lol She has a wagon that she loves to ride in so I think we will go stroll the neighborhood in that. The only thing that kind of bothers me is their are no sidewalks anywhere here. Wierd, right? lol
    brookes_mom04

Answer by brookes_mom04 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2010