Does any one know what this could be?

I have this really sharp pain in my right side. I cleaned the whole house today (scrubbing and polishing). Ever since I got done I have this really sharp pain in my right hip right in front. I dont know if I pulled something or what but it hurts so bad I cant even stand to lay on it. I dont have the money to go to the ER and my doctors office is closed and she doesnt have an exact hospital she delivers at so I figured I would wait until tomorrow to call her. Im 31 weeks and shes really high. I dont remember having any pain when DS dropped down so I dont think she has dropped at all.

MiSs.SmOkEy

Asked by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• COULD be your Sciatica Nerve, I had that when I was pregant twice, right where it would feel like a nerve goes by your pelvic bone and thigh, I belive mine had a burning sensation to it also somtimes. Could also be you overworked being pregnant, and to relax you could have hurt a nerve because of the extra weight. But when it was my nerve it was my right side only and when I layed on my right it hurt. I had to lay on my left, and upon jumping up from the bed Id freeze in mid air because it felt like a shock of pain LOL. I told my midwife about it and she said its the Sciatic Nerve the baby is pressing on. I was about the same amount of weeks also as you are. It happened towards the end of my pregnancy's for sure.As long as babys moving patterns are normal, ONLY YOU would know.Dont touch those dangerous Chemicals!! Use Vinegar and Baking soda while your pregnant!!! Good luck
    www.MamaDoesIt
    PajamaMama246

Answer by PajamaMama246 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• OoO I know shes on my Sciatic Nerve shes been on it for a while lol. DS was on it too. Its just hurting much more then usual so I wasnt sure if it was something serious or my body just being sore.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:32 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Either it's your sciatic nerve or you worked yourself too hard. I think you worked yourself too hard. I use to be a cleaning maniac when i was pregnant with my DD and I ALWAYS got sharp pain in my right side after i sat down and rested. It's your baby telling you to take a break :)
    mommyschubbers

Answer by mommyschubbers at 1:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• It sounds to me like you overstretched your round ligaments those are in the front where you desribe and it feeds into the sciatic nerve causing it to be more painful, my chiropractor has to work on mine because they over stretch and it hurtls like hell, have somebody squeeze your hips together right under your butt do that until you can't be on your hands and knees anymore it makes a huge difference then try ice on the area that hurts.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:12 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• sciatic nerve pain would be in your back, not your front. more than likely I would think it was your ligaments.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2010