Should i be concerned?

My bf a self employed mechanic, recently got this job working on two cars at the same home. Their hrs are not the norm they do come and pick my bf up (he has no ride). My bf would leave and not come home for up to 20 hours later. No phone call to me. These are some of his explanations of why he would be gone so long: I was working, I feel asleep, I had no ride home.. When I asked him why could not he at least call he said that calling me to tell me he was going to work was enough. He said I knew where he was and no reason I should be overreacting. He said if I say I am at work than that’s where I am. He told me believe in me.. So far a total of at least six nights there, has been all night. I hear today from reliable source that this home has 3 daughters, 16; 18 & 23. They like to hang out in garage where guys working . Should I be concerned?

dmr73059

Asked by dmr73059 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Its never a good idea to accuse. And SOMETIMES people like to stir up a relationship. You would not know unless you spontanously dropped off a lunch or something to that effect. Or his attitude, if you feel hes into you, listening, eye contact, I think it should be ok. But sounds like the trust is a little rocky with you guys. I would if you dont have kids, go out and hang with some friends or make it "look like your out" and make yourself look busy and no time for him, this really Pisses off my BF when I give him no time, so if your bf cares, he should get at least a little mad. But I would drop of a sandwich or something at his work if i could, or you forgot your wallet, or something like that. Just a reason to get in and see.
    PajamaMama246

Answer by PajamaMama246 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Can I ask, what is he working on in the cars? I might be able to give you a time frame for each project.
    PajamaMama246

Answer by PajamaMama246 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• the mere fact that u r not comfortable is reason enough to follow this up. and i have to agree something does not seem appropriate about this story of his. if he has no ride y cant u p him up or drop him offf some of the time. i think that if u can find out where he is, think of a way to stop by. if they r doing what he says he is and bringing home a paycheck then u will feel better if u can at least check it out and see how he reacts to u showing up. if he about collapses from the surprise i would think something is arye. of course saying he was sleeping at work is a very poor excuse to me. gl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• You are NOT overreacting. You can not work 20 hrs straight in a car and 6 nights in a row. You better get an investigator and check it up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Man! why do you care? this guy is just your bf and he sounds like a loser! I would dump em if it was me. No hourly job is gonna keep you working for 20plus hours a day. and if its a hobby thing, that is way to much time spent away.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:58 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• yes be concerned!! Girls now a days are big s l u t s! As having a step father as a mechanic I never wanted to be in the garage. And he did not want anyone in the garage anyway while he works, so yea that sounds strange
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My guess is he's either not there, is banging one of the daughters, or is partying with them and passing out.
    20 hours 6 days in a row... hell he could've rebuilt the whole dang car!
    I'd be glad he was only a bf and not a hubby cause it'd be so much easier to just walk away.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• i would definitely be concerned...falling asleep on the job? no ride home? if the people come pick him up, doesn't only make sense that they would take him home also? if you have a feeling that something isn't right, most likely it's not. we have instinct for a reason, don't ignore it!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I would be concerned and think something was up, but that's just me. Yes, he may be at work but if he is going to be longer then he can at least call you so at least you know that he is okay, but just can't get hom right away. When dh is late he will call me if he doesn't I will call and he always pick up. It makes me feel better, cuz then I know he did't get into a wreck on the way home etc....just held up at work.
    funmommy123

Answer by funmommy123 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2010