What "phase" is your kid in right now? Something you keep hoping and praying he grows out of every day...Mine is wearing gloves...like mitten gloves, everywhere, everyday, even to sleep.

Its starting to drive me nuts. I make him take them off to eat and potty, but he demands them right back after.

I'm considering stoping it myself by just throwing them away...but I don't want to hurt his feelings. I keep hoping he'll "grow out of it"

So just so I can find some solidairity....what are your kids "phases" right now?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 2:05 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My 3 year old daughter has been potty-trained since she was almost 2 and a half. Every single time she goes potty she has to take heer pants and underwear off and won't put them back on until I chase her down. Before you know, the shirt comes off, too. She love being naked. (sigh)
    amy1721

Answer by amy1721 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I guess with my 3yo son it would have to be trains. Everything is a train. Every noise is a train. Every game turns into pretending to be a train. The traffic behind us is "our" train. The traffic ahead is "the other train". You get the point! LOL I love it though. I remember when my oldest was this way and now he's 10, almost 11 and he doesn't obsess over things like this anymore. I guess I've learned to slow down and get excited over their obsession too. :) My girls had things too, typically princesses, but boys are so much more into their "thing"! Mine were anyway.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 2:16 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• DS has this thing with standing on the other side of the room, hallway, house etc and SCREAMING "mommy mommy mommy" at the top of his lungs when I responds to him he asks for Daddy. He is 19 months old and he just loves to hear himself scream.

The other one is the tantrums, just as I find a way to deal with and /or ignore them, he finds something new to do that aggravates me even more.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 2:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My daughter loves to pick at every fuzzy thing she can find. I really hope this thing passes real soon because I get tired of seeing fuzz on the floor even right after the floor gets vacuumed there is still fuzz.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 2:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• one day (i hope) my boys will realize that the words "poop" and "butt" really are not all THAT funny.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Good luck outstandinglove- my husband still hasn't learned that. The movies and shows he finds entertaining are often at least 75% potty humor. Sigh.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:29 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• When ours started saying poop all the time, I dreaded going to the store. They are 4 & 5 now, so this was like last fall, but you could hear them ALL over the store "poop, poop, poop"!!

The big problem is the younger one has taken to repeating everything you say to him. The worst part is that the more annoyed I get with him, the more is does it.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My almost 14 month old is becoming a horrible terrible 2 child... EVERYTHING IS NO! I can offer her food.. she'll say no and then open her mouth and wait for it! >.< so sick of it lol...

just a parenting tip..
    i wouldn't throw away the gloves as much as you don't like them... your job as a parent it responding to your child's cues and if they are old enough to know what they want .. and it isn't harmful then let them have it .. its comfort to him why take it away.. you wouldn't throw away a jacket if he wanted to wear it to much...
    as long as its sanitary and he is taking it off to go potty or eat he's fine ... get over it
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 6:13 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• my 3 yr old is in a very super defiant stage. everything is an argument!
    He does demand socks on 24/7 though, to kinda go along with your mitten thing
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:24 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• DS is "almost a year" and he's been walking since 8mos. He has found the trashcan. I cannot for the life of me keep him out of it. I have tried putting it in another room, tried putting up a gate (not long enough) tried locking it in the bathroom. Never fails. He'll find something in there.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 8:02 AM on Mar. 6, 2010